12 STEP RECOVERY EMPHASIS
– Residents work a thorough 12 step program with a sponsor. A sponsor is someone who has worked the steps and guides/mentors an individual on their personal journey through the steps and into recovery.
– Residents meet with their sponsor weekly to progress through the steps and learn the tools and principals necessary for recovery.
– Residents attend weekly 12 step meetings where they have an opportunity to share successes and failures they are encountering on the journey. The meetings are also a great way to gain insight and a better understanding of their progress while making new friends and enjoying the fellowship of others in recovery.
– Residents join a “home-group”, which is a 12 step meeting that they feel comfortable at and attend frequently. Joining a home-group is a way for individuals to connect with a group in recovery for support and accountability.
-Residents volunteer at their home-group by obtaining a service commitment. A service commitment is an opportunity to serve others in recovery at the meeting. Its a way to give back and helps individuals learn more about the principals of responsibility and commitment.
DAILY IN HOUSE MEDITATION AND REFLECTIONS
– Residents participate in daily morning meditation and reflection meetings.
– Each resident has the opportunity to read from a 12 step inspired daily devotional and lead the discussion.
– After the topic has been shared our residents take turns sharing about what they took from the message and their own experiences with the topic and how it can be applied in their lives.
– After all residents have shared we take turns sharing about our plans for each day and a specific recovery goal we would like to work on.
HOUSE ACCOUNTABILITY MEETINGS
– Each Sunday morning we meet as a group and discuss our journey in recovery. We discuss our meeting attendance and our progress in the steps.
– The accountability meeting is an open forum where residents can encourage one another and offer insight into areas where an individual might learn or grow.
-Staff members offer personal direction and guidance to residents and encourage residents to share their feelings, experiences, and any fears or concerns they have about Just Today or their personal program.
– We offer a clean comfortable home with an environment of recovery.
– Beds, bedding, dressers, and night-stands are provided.
– Washer and dryer, BBQ grill, cooking appliances and housewares are available for use by residents.
– We provide coffee, creamer, milk and eggs as well as a few other basic cooking/food items.
– We furnish the home with cleaning supplies, toilet paper and other sundries.
– Internet, cable and all utilities are included.
– “Common room”, 2-man rooms and 1-man room options.